Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

About my pricing

I am really happy but surprised that people really, LIKE REALLY love my pictures.

People ask me "Are you a professional photographer?"

And my response is "Well, I had 6 years of experience."

Then they are like "That's a professional photographer! Do you have a business card?"

Then I'm like "No I do not :( and that is why I am not professional yet! lol."

Ah the small things in life.

For once in my life, I found out I am really talented at something and I really enjoy doing. That is photography! And I love it! I also love it that people are supporting me and my efforts! I can say it is a working progress!

One of my clients from my most recent shoot told me that her friends LOVE THE PICTURE! That gave me smiles to my face. Now she did recommend that I have my pricing's together or people will take advantage of me. Now I do agree with her on that.

The thing is, I am really.... what's the word or the saying. I feel kinda bad for charging people a higher rate. I am talking like in the $100's and $200's. I would like to go there one day but not right now because I feel like a newbie.

I think I should have more foundation before I start charging people those rates. Now my clients said something reasonable around $50-$100. I still think that's a lot for people that are paying me.

Did I mention this money isn't going towards me? It is going towards my Costa Rica trip! And I just got news that the school got some funding so, it is only $2000.00!! YAY!! I already raised $200 so I got about another $1800.00 more to go.

So yeah, as far as prices I think I'll keep it in the rage of $50-$100. Shoot I might hire me an assistant because I am ridiculously business all the time :( ahhh I'll think about it lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment