Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

This is a great start!

Pier Nguyen singing "I believe I can fly" by R. Kelly


All morning and all day, I was preparing for my pre-judging! So I took it a little too far with preparing. I strained my voice too much, and did something I should have not done which caused my vocals to not get enough air. So basically I set myself up for disaster. What made it worse was eating an Apple... A FREAKING APPLE!! Next thing you know my throat starts closing up and I am freaking out!

To top all of that, I am running around like my hair is on fire trying to find 3 different outfits for my model walk on camera and to burn a instrumental version of "I believe I can."

So I make it on time to the set and guess what... I FORGOT THE OTHER HALF OF MY WARDROBE! But that was okay, I made it look legit :)




When it came up for me to sing, I was so nervous. When I was singing, I just forgot... Forgot everything. I was trying so hard to sing it but the nervousness just kicked in. I messed up on some keys, especially them high ones at the end of the song :(

However, I did learn something important. You just do not wake up one morning and say "I want to be a professional singer." That's not the case. You have to work at it and I have only been doing this for 2 years so far, but this has been a big dream of mine. This has also been a great start. I will def. be looking forward to this experience for future purposes.





Here is me singing some falsetto ranges :D

No comments:

Post a Comment