Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Keeps Getting Better

So I just got back from a casting-crew party our agent hosted. I was glad we had one of these. All the members came out and we celebrated the night on good work and that we had one more week till the show case.

I remember when I was at the first audition, singing "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. My brother Chris C. told me to sing it but a vocal professional told me not to because it was out of my range.

At the least, I sung it and it was an epic fail. Did I mention the judges gave me a second chance? So I decided to sing "I believe I can fly" by R. Kelly and got pass the audition! I was very proud of myself and from that point on I just started believing in myself.

I am very passionate when it comes to music. I rather do it then anything else. I cannot believe I am majoring into something I do not like or have the passion to. If I could go back, I would major in music and art. I thought I would never be one of those students that change their major like two or three times. On the bright side of it, the economy is looking unpredictable and being a music major would not cut it. Business degrees and other minors can get me a job so I am glad I have something to lean on. Def. pursuing in a masters degree when I graduate with my bachelors.

My agent S'cie Ward
So anyways, to the right is my agent/networking connections Miss S'cie. My friend Vakeyia D. recommended me to her and so far things have change. I do not know if this is Gods way of telling me or opening doors for me, but I want to know lol. Thanks Vakeyia!

So anyways, I am hoping this experience will open doors for me in the talent industry. I hope to compete in the X-Factor in May and the Expo in June, both of them taking place in Dallas :)

Let's just hope I will be ready for the worse and the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment