Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Letting things go

I think everyday, there is always a lesson rather it be the big things in life or even the smallest things you take for granted. My co-worker/the awesomes boss I have ever had made me realize something today. I was at work at the non-profit organization I work at called Children International, and we were cleaning and organizing our area. 

My boss Stephanie :)
She said to me "we tend to keep things in our life because we think it is something we value. As much as we like to keep everything, we have to let somethings go."-Stephanie J.

What was funny was that she was talking about cleaning her area up with all those unwanted things piled up in her desk. Stephanie made me realize something. I told her "what you just said can be related to almost everything; life, relationships, friends, assets, things of value, etc." 

Pier Nguyen
Right now, I am dealing with loving myself. I have not came to that point in my life yet. How do I know? It is because I tend to put someone else before me when it should be equal. I am just tired of hurting myself when it comes to relationships. The thing is that I know better, but I still have that low self-confidence. I always feel like I need someone there for me. As much as I know it would help me if I could just not worry about being alone, that is just something I need to work on. What Stephanie said was very meaningful. I'm keeping someone right now that I think has value to me, but why is it not working? I believe in giving chances but are they for the right reasons? Is it because I am hoping that person will change?

All I know is that I am still finding out who I am, and I am glad that I am expressing it to my readers. 

This is my favorite quote:

"IF YOU CAN'T LOVE YOURSELF, HOW THE HELL YOU GONNA LOVE SOMEONE ELSE?"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment