Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I did not know I can sing!

I just cannot believe I can sing! I have always thought about singing but I never knew I could make a career out of it. I love to sing since I was a child. I just never pursued in it because I never thought about it, and when I did sing it would be around my friends. The friends I made back then were not supportive about my singing so I never really had the chance to do it. I have always played around with my voice so I never took that serious, but I cannot say for the same things in my life that I do.



I was really passionate about writing music because I just had so much emotions, strong feelings, and had good things to say. Most of them were about love, go figure lol. I dealt with plenty of emotional relationships that I tend to write lyrics about my experience. Most of my songs were based on ending relationships out of anger and sorrow. When I look back and read the songs I wrote, I remember... I remember all the mutual feelings I had back then but I also remember what I went through and showed me that I became a stronger person.



I realized my song is just not a song but also a communicator. There are people out there that understand this type of music I am producing, rather it be about love, fun, political there is bound to be someone out there just like me. It was not till I found out that I should start singing. So of fall 2009, I took a singing class from UALR. I had some what an eccentric professor but she got me started with singing. I learned a little bit about singing but not enough to professionally use my voice.

I remember trying out for this audition from the college to this singing competition. I think it was called Trojan Idol. So anyways, I went to the audition and I sang "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis. I just remember how stupid it was for me to sing it. I was super nervous and I did not take it seriously. I just for the lyrics of it. The judges told me that even though they thought I had a good voice, I just needed to work on my personality and nervousness. So I did, and now I won my audition for singing and modeling for the Major Market Model, which they are hosting the Arkansas Honors Event Showcase.



I think I worked really hard on my nervousness and my techniques in singing. If I can tell something important to a future singer, do not try to sing like the artist. Sing it with your own voice and style. And do not pick a song that is out of your range. For instance, do not be a guy and pick "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston lol.

So right now, I'm working hard and my finalized judging performance is in another day and I am excited. Just one more day. This is really a great start to my career; setting some foundations and networking. I will never give up :) especially when I am trying to be a role model to the younger generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment