Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Respect

After this week, I noticed that there is something I need to change about myself. I did not realize but I really am going to have to change somethings about me. I really just can't take being disrespected anymore.

Someone wise once told me,

"You do not deserve respect automatically. You have to earn it."

After acknowledging that, I looked at my priorities and what kind of person I am. I am very very nice person and very very friendly. But is that a weakness or something? Do people take that for granted and think I am not a serious type person?

Sometimes I feel like people just run over me because they can, and that has happen to me back in my younger years in school. After graduating, I thought I had everything and that everything was okay after I got out of that hell-hole high school of mine. But it's not... not yet...

I was very disrespected today. I was doing a presentation that was very meaningful and that it would be interesting to my listeners and they can learned from it. It did not go my way at all. During my presentation, I just stood there, waiting for everyone to be quiet when I got the attention and the floor. While I was presenting, it was hard trying to get everyones attention.

If someone is presenting, I will be very courteous to the presenter and give them my full attention. Not talk over me, laugh, and not make eye contact. This experience compared to my other professional experience does not equal at all. In fact, I feel like my kindness is taken for weakness.

I decided to NOT IMPROVE but CHANGE something about myself. I feel like I should not be the person I use to, especially when sometimes I feel disrespected or something is out of order. In order to GET RESPECT, you are GOING TO HAVE TO EARN IT.

I did not get the respect I wanted today. So for here on in, I am gonna be something I wish I wasn't because it is not who I am. But if it beats less disrespecting and just anger coming out that, then so be it.

I use to wonder why some people were mean at first, but when you got to know them you become to like them more. Maybe because if I thought that person was too nice, I would not have taken them really seriously.

Yeah that's right, I am just gonna have to PUT THIS WALL UP. I use to think it

No comments:

Post a Comment