Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A World of Consumption and Misunderstanding

I live in a world that has so much consumption and misunderstanding. I live in a world where being different is at least once frowned upon and not accepted. What is it that we take and give back? Do we take our history seriously to not make the same mistakes again? Do we acknowledge that difference are as distinct as some people may think it should be? I live in a world that hope is what gets me out of bed. I live in a world that hope is the only thing I can look forward to without thinking and fearing of what unknown may happen or come to be. Though my mind is yet young, why is it that I am capable of being what the norm is in society? My clothes are appropriate, my word choice is reserve, but my faith is crackling. Just like a rock, I wait. I wait until something moves me or makes me move. But deep inside me, the beauty of marble is what people don't see. I live in a World where people hope to see another day. I live in a world of worlds, that one day... maybe one day, we can see eye to eye and understand each other. That is the world we hope to live in.

-Peter H. Nguyen

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up hope! Just go through life as best you can, keep you head up high and sooner or later you will find something that puts you at peace better than anything ever did before. Chin Up Pier! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Mioara!! And yes I am still working on the video :)

      Delete